1017 Country Club Rd., Indianapolis, IN
John Campbell (Fitness & Strength Coach)
- Husband, father, son, teacher, coach.
- The 2015-2016 school year marks John Campbell’s nineteenth year as a professional physical educator at Spring Mill Elementary School. John has a B.S. Degree in Health (5-12) and Physical Education (K-12) with a minor degree in Adapted Physical Education (K-12). He also has an M.S. Degree in Special Education (K-12). John earned a Certified Personal Trainer (C-PT) license from the American College of Sports Medicine and he is both a certified Level I CrossFit Trainer and a Level I CrossFit Kids Trainer. John and his wife Tina have one daughter and one son.
Jason Chrapek (Strength & Conditioning Coach/Head Boot Camp Coach)
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness, Purdue University, 2011
- Masters of Science in Exercise Physiology, IUPUI 2015
- Served as intern for Purdue University Strength and Conditioning 2009-2010
- Began Personal Training Career in 2006
- Working towards CSCS certification
“My first concern with every client and athlete is injury prevention. This includes proper movement patterns and minimizing strength deficiencies throughout the body. While competitive athletes and general fitness clients have different goals, the process remains the same. Every part of the workout is designed to make the body perform at a higher level. That means better movement patterns, better strength and increasing the body’s overall metabolism.”-Jason Chrapek
Chris Estridge (Owner/Head Coach)
- Former multi-sport athlete at Ben Davis High School
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise Science from Ball State University
- CrossFit LI Certified Coach
- Attendee of coach Wil Fleming's Olympic Weightlifting Seminar
- Currently pursuing USAW and NSCA-CSCS certifications
"Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or in shape by thinking about it. They simply went out and actually did it." -Jim Wendler
At EDGE Fitness & Strength we believe that everyone who steps through our doors is an athlete-- regardless of age or actual athletic ability. As a result, our EDGE-Fit program focuses on improving the various components that make up an athlete: strength, conditioning, mobility, flexibility, power, speed, endurance, agility, and mental fortitude. Whether you are a high school football player, a "weekend warrior" trying to get in better shape for a local 5k run, or a parent or grandparent yearning to be more active with your children and grandchildren, we offer options for everyone to achieve their goals. We structure our EDGE-Fit program to include exercises that will give you the greatest return on investment and maximize your time in the gym. These include variations of body weight exercises, strength training exercises with dumbbells, kettlebells, and barbells, Olympic weightlifting, sled training, rowing, running, mobility drills, and much more. EDGE-Fit is scalable to any fitness and strength level! Our professional coaches will adjust the workout to fit YOUR needs by providing different options to each group workout. Not only is our program as challenging as YOU want it to be, our workouts are fun and exciting! Many of our current members frequently remark how better they feel after leaving the gym, than what they did when they first arrived. The hardest part for some is just getting yourself there, but once you do, it truly becomes a healthy habit.
One of the aspects that is unique to EDGE is the awesome community. The person working out next to you wants YOU to succeed just as much as you want to be successful! In addition to the passionate coaching staff, the EDGE members themselves are very encouraging and motivating. If you are an individual who struggles with accountability, look no further as you will experience a sense of camaraderie that will keep you regularly coming back for more. The program and workouts regularly change just enough to keep your body guessing and challenged. They are planned--not random-- and designed in a way that allows you to gauge your progress so you can continue to excel. We focus on improving strength and fitness within each workout. This hybrid combination allows us to maximize your results. By combining strength training and conditioning, our program will promote fat loss, weight loss, lean muscle gain, improved endurance and increased stamina. With consistent effort and dedication to your attendance at the gym, you will hands-down get in the best shape of your life!